Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This and that

We took Tuckerton to the vet today for a full checkup. He is hale and hearty and has no health problems at all. The vet said Tuckerton is in excellent condition for being 10 years old. Woo hoo! I finally picked a healthy animal! Hopefully he will stay that way.

Monet has accepted Tuckerton's presence in the basement and deigns to look at him once in a while. There was some hissing and spatting going on yesterday but today they were both probably thinking "We're too old for this crap, I'm just going to put up with that other one." Tuckerton took to the dogs right away and they did the same to him. Tuckerton spends most of his time hanging out in the basement, and comes upstairs once in a while to check on us and make sure we're still around to feed and brush him. He is purely a pleasure to have here. So far. Give me a month or so, when Tuckerton starts acting like Monet and barfing in my shoes and treating me as if I only exist for feeding purposes.

And now on to today's random pictures:
We had a brief snowstorm the other day. I thought the light was pretty neat, coming through the snow clouds, and reflecting off the little bit of snow on the ground.

Milo pulled a practical joke on me. He said he was brushing his teeth, and I heard him banging around in the bathroom and using his electric toothbrush, so I assumed he was doing what he said. Then I went in there to check the progress, and Milo turned around and grinned at me. He was brushing his gold bling-bling teeth! I cracked up laughing, because it totally reminded me of the scene in the Christmas Story when all the kids in the classroom have their fake teeth in and say "Good morning Miss Shields."

No comments: