Monday, July 13, 2009

a big "thank you" to Sears

This acknowledgement is long overdue. For those of you who followed the saga of my washer and dryer and their lack of proper installation from Sears, you know I wrote Sears a looooong letter complaining of mine and Corey's major dissatisfaction. We ended up paying $257 extra on top of the washer and dryer cost, in order to get the dryer converted to propane and to buy all the extra stuff we needed to install the appliances. Lo and behold, earlier this month, I received a phone call from Sears asking if I would like to have the overage credited to my Sears credit card. Heck, yeah! I couldn't believe it, as I never asked for the money back, just bitched and moaned about what an inconvenience the whole mess was. The credit has since gone through, the washer and dryer have been working fine, and we are finally happy Sears customers. Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, you never know what good stuff it might bring!

No comments: