Thursday, June 25, 2009
Are we talking about the same kid?
As I was walking out of Milo's class after dropping him off the other day, his teacher stopped me. She asked "Is Milo always this quiet?" The look on my face must have been one of shellshock, because she looked at me like I had three heads. I explained, "The Milo I know gets up in the morning between 5:30 and 6, lets out a war whoop and proceeds to chase the dogs and cat around the house, all the while singing at the top of his lungs. And that's when he is being quiet." His teacher laughed at that, and went on to say that he is the most well behaved and mannerly kid in her class, and smart too, and she wishes that there were ten others like him. I couldn't believe it, and said so. I mean, we know he's smart as anything, but always well behaved? What?? Maybe 75% of the time. Anyway, this compliment totally made my day, and it made Corey's too when I repeated it to him. Still, we'll ask Milo's teacher if she remembers what she said a few months from now, when she gets to know Milo a little better....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment