A goshdarn vent for my kitchen sink. Arghhhhh. I am so SICK and TIRED of plunging the stoopid sink all the time. It's really frustrating when I can't even dump a cup of stale coffee down the sink without it backing up. It's especially gross when other people dump stuff down the sink, and then leave the offensive goo sitting there for me to look at next time I come by, which then means I have to plunge it again.
I have major kitchen sink issues here at home sweet home, obviously. Because there is no vent, the air in the trap doesn't let the water go down unless it is forced down. So I have a whole dishwashing ritual that must be followed in order to properly cleanse the cooking and eating utensils without backing up the sink on both sides. Rule number one is DON'T LEAVE THE WATER RUNNING. EVER. Under penalty of being screeched at by me. Poor Grandma Carolynn was here last night, and thought she was helping me out by rinsing off some of the supper dishes. I think I scared her when I lunged at her, turned off the water and said "STOP. I will do that!" I'm a little nuts about the sink. We have had so many plumbing problems with it that I have become quite possessive and a bit obsessive over the whole situation.
We had to replace the pipes and trap underneath a couple years ago when Milo was a wee tot. We realized that pipe had busted when Corey and I washed our hands and felt hot water running over our feet. Every so often, leaks still happen under there, probably because of the water pressure from the plunger. Last year, one of the incoming water lines blew out. This happened right after we thought we had Lily totally house trained. I came out in the morning to find a puddle on the kitchen floor and yelled at the dog, after I cleaned it up. Then later on that morning, I stepped in the puddle again. I yelled at the dog again and chased her outside, after cleaning it up. Then, it happend again. At that point, I was all "For crying out loud!!" and then I realized the water was colder than pee should be. I finally checked under the sink, only to get sprayed in the face by the leaking hose. Of course, Corey was at work, so I had to figure out where the water shutoffs were downstairs, and then I had to call my daddy to come and rescue me, which he did, thank goodness. The flexible hose from the sprayer leaks a little bit too, so I have to hold it a certain way while I'm using it, and make sure to shake the sprayer head dry after I'm done. I wouldn't even care about the darn sprayer hose leaking, because it's so minimal, but there is so much stuff under the kitchen sink that cleaning up under there is a huge hassle, not to mention the slow and steady damage the water is probably doing to the floor and the bottom of the cabinet.
On the upside though, I am one hell of a good plunger! You got a stopped up drain, call me and I'll blast it for you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment