Warning: This post contains adult content, as in grown up words for pee-pees and hoo-hoos :)
Milo and I had our first conversation about where he comes from tonight. It started out with this question, as he was sitting on the potty. “Mommy, why do boys stand up to pee sometimes and girls sit down to pee all the time?” So I had to tell him that boys have penises and girls don’t. He said, “I saw Sarah’s peenie once, and it was broken off.” I said, that’s right, girls only have a pee hole, nothing sticks out. He immediately asked “Can I see yours?” to which I said no. Then he wanted to know what girl peenies are called, so I told him that girl peenies are called vaginas. I felt like I was in a scene from Kindergarten Cop, because Milo promptly replied “Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. Okay!!"
A while later, Milo came out with the BIG question: “Mommy, where did I come from?”
I told him he started out in my belly, and then grew into a baby in my belly, and when he got big enough, he was born. Milo thought about that for awhile and asked me if everybody comes out of their mommy’s belly. I said yes. We had a long conversation about who came out of whose belly among our family and friends. Then he was quiet for a bit, thinking about all this new information. Finally, Milo said, “So when you say I came out of your belly, do you mean that I grew under your shirt, and when I got too big for your shirt, I popped out?” I just said “Yep, that about sums it up,” because he really doesn’t need to know any more details than that at this point. The whole time, while I was trying not to laugh, I was thinking “Why in the hell doesn’t he ask Corey about this stuff???”
No comments:
Post a Comment