Saturday, November 2, 2013

The power of downtime

Its been a really busy month for me and today, at last, I'm able to take a break and do what needs doing around the house, and have a few hours just to chill out and do nothing, with no schedule to stick to. Days like this are few and far between and when I have the opportunity to create them, I take it, as it recharges not only my mental batteries but also gives the rest of the people in this house a break from me in "busy mode" and lets them relax a bit too.

All too often I hear other people telling me how their days are scheduled from dawn to dusk with activities and places to go, and I think to myself "Whose choice is that? All you have to do is say "no" once in awhile!" but I realize that it is extremely difficult for some people to do just that. I'd rather spend an afternoon puttering around at home and listening to Milo play in his room than feel like I'm being pulled in twenty different directions that none of us want to go in, in the first place! When it stops being fun, it's time to stop doing it, is my motto.

Unless it's your job, of course, then you have to stick with the program or else you're not going to eat!

No comments: