We recently took a day trip to Strasburg PA to visit with Thomas the Tank Engine, who came all the way to the US from the island of Sodor. We invited Grandpa Bob & Grandma Carolynn along for the ride, as Grandpa Bob is a huge fan of trains & railroad history.
We had a really great day, and couldn't have asked for better weather: warm, not hot, not humid, sunny & clear. Hopefully Milo will remember the trip for a long time to come!
In fact, he's the one that suggested we go. Milo kept seeing commercials for Thomas in Strasburg on PBS Kids and asked me if we could go. I was surprised that he was even interested in the idea, since he doesn't watch Thomas anymore, although we still do read the occasional Thomas book. Milo was very enthusiastic about it, so Corey and I checked into it to make sure Thomas was full scale and not some dopey little ride on toy...and away we went! Totally fun and worth the trip.
After we did the Thomas ride, we visited the Strasburg Railroad Museum. I hafta say that it just blew me away. I didn't retain much historical information but I loved wandering around and looking at all the trains and the various artifacts from when railroads and horses were the main forms of transportation.
For a photo journey of our Thomas adventure, check this out. And look here for Strasburg Railroad pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment