Milo is a genius, just like me. He graduated from preschool in just three weeks! Seriously! His daycare teacher informed me that Milo was to participate in the graduation ceremony, even though he had barely been going to that new school for a month. Milo "graduated" last Thursday. The program that the kids put on was really cute, with some songs and the Pledge of Allegiance. They got "diplomas" and then ate some cake. Good times were had by all.
The other milestone is that we have been cautiously allowing Milo to go outside by himself for short periods of time. Always before, one of us was planted in the yard with him, to supervise. Milo's been begging me to go outside after dinner, right when I want to get the dishes done for the evening. It dawned on me that I could wash dishes while he was playing outside, since the windows over the sink look out on the backyard. I took Milo outside a couple of nights ago and showed him where the kitchen windows are, and explained that as long as he can see the windows, then I can see him. Milo thought this idea was grand and has been a very good boy about staying in range. If he strays, I immediately go outside and make him come in. Milo doesn't like that part, but he understands that its the consequence if he doesn't follow the rules.
I really like watching Milo play when he's not paying attention to me, he's so creative and funny about the games he makes up. Last night was some sort of highly involved soccer game with Lily, that included golf balls. He was out there lecturing to Lily for a long time about the dos and don'ts and laughing his butt off when she would actually chase after the ball for him. Quinn just spends his quality time outside nosing around, after he gets tired of chasing Lily.
No comments:
Post a Comment