Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Best Birthday Party EVER!

This year we made a monumental decision about Milo's birthday and decided to throw him his first all-friends party. We had it the weekend after his 4th birthday, and it was a total success. Good times were had by all: kids and moms and dads alike! We made our own party hats, had an egg hunt, had a "can you keep your egg on the spoon?" race, and a "who can roll their egg the farthest with a spoon?" race. We also played stick the s on Superman and of course, had cake and ice cream!

Milo and I spent the afternoon before his party decorating our hearts out. I used the air compressor to blow up the balloons. That was good fun for me, except I was a bit overzealous at first as to the amount of air I put in the balloons. I blew four balloons to smithereens before I figured out how to control the nozzle better. All in all, I think I blew up 30 balloons, and then we festooned the house with them. A little too much balloonage, in my opinion, but Milo loved it, and it was his party, after all. The theme was Wall-E, so we had the appropiate decorations for that, and the cake was a Wall-E cake. In the end, Milo said it was the best birthday party EVER. Yep, we thought so too!

Balloons and streamers everywhere!
The big Superman poster on the door was for pinning the S on Superman. That was a lot of fun!

Lots and lots of balloons and Wall-E danglers.
A bower of balloons over the kitchen table.

Jack putting on his DIY party hat.
Milo busily adding eggs to his egg hunt bag.
Milo pinning the S on the wall.

Autumn about to pin the S on Superman's chest.
Brody getting really close!
The Spongebob Squarepants style cake that Corey ordered up for me.
Milo's awesome Wall-E cake. Thanks Gina for making the cakes!
Milo and Brody bonking each other with the blowers.
Blowing out his candles.

Autumn, Milo and Jack, sporting their party hats and looking pretty darn tired from all the excitement.













No comments: