Friday, March 13, 2009

I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

Having this rotavirus illness is awful. I hafta barf half the day, and the other half of the day, I'm having butt-splosions. When none of those is going on, I have such awful gas and tummy cramps that I just want to curl up and crawl in a cave somewhere. OMG....this is disgusting but I have to share: When the gas works its way out it's like the loudest butt-trumpet EVER. I can't believe my pants aren't ripped to shreds in the butt at this point! And I get to feel like this for two more weeks! O joy!

On the days that I have to work, I've been drinking Maalox by the gallon to control the gas and cramping, and eating very little. Today was a non-work day, and I was actually very, very hungry. We had promised to treat Milo to a lunch at McDs if he didn't get too upset being dropped off at daycare this week, so Corey and Milo went to McD's to pick up lunch and bring it back home. I polished off a double quarter pounder with cheese and large fries and a pepsi, and was fully expecting to pay dearly for the experience. Weirdly enough, my gut shut up for about three or four hours, and I actually felt sort of better. Then it all digested and I was back to the previous state of misery.

At any rate, now I understand why Milo was so cranky and miserable last week when he was going through the worst of this. Yeesh. The poor kid!

No comments: