Today we had to go to work and to Lakeview. Milo was NOT enthused about going to daycare on his birthday, even though he knew they would be doing something special for him. He spent the first 45 minutes of his morning being upset about it, until I reminded him that his friends would be at school also, and that we were bringing pudding to share so it would be an extra special day. Milo cheered up after that, and managed to earn his Monday sticker after all. We had to bring pudding because that's what comes in a factory sealed package and doesn't have any nuts or wheat in it, so nobody would have an allergic reaction, and it's not a choking hazard. Milo said that they did sing happy birthday to him, but they didn't give him any candles to blow out because candles just don't stand up in pudding very well, but he had fun anyway.
Then we came home and had pizza for dinner and Milo opened his gifts from us. Corey and I had pizza for dinner, actually, Milo didn't eat until later and when he did eat, he had one french fry and two bananas. Milo's favorite present was something called a Bakugan ball, which is a tiny ball that transforms into a robot when you place it on a magnetic card. It is a pretty cool toy, and apparently they're all the rage these days, like Pokemon used to be.
As far as my birthday went, it was great: I got cheese!! My sistah gave me two packages of specialty cheese, and my hubby gave me lots and lots of different yummy cheeses. If I were to say I love cheese, that's a tiny bit of an understatement. What a perfect way to turn 35! (at least, according to me.)
Behold the power of cheese! There's American, provolone, cheddar, swiss, muenster, some kind of pepper jack....all the kinds of cheese I like the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment