Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to the rink

Milo and I went ice-skating again today. He didn't want to go at first, but got all excited about it once we were in the truck. We stopped at a couple sporting goods stores on the way to the rink, looking for kiddie ice skates with double blades, but there were none to be found. Milo insisted on going skating anyway, that he would be brave and try to balance on the big kid skates.

We had technical difficulties in the beginning. I wanted to store stuff in one of the rent-a-lockers, so I wouldn't have my purse hanging off me, and I had major problems with the darn keys to the locker. The first locker ate my quarters, so I had to get change from the snack bar guy, and then I forgot that I have to feed quarters to the locker every time you open it, so I had to get more change. By the time I got my act together, Milo was practically ready to go home. He waited very patiently while I was fumbling around, and was happy to finally get out on the ice. He did great! Milo still can't move away from the wall much, and hangs onto my hand for dear life, but today he only fell about 10 times, as opposed to 150 or so.

No comments: