Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pimp My Ride!

Let me tell you this: Wind + bike trailer with windshield on = sucky impossible bike ride that almost gave me an embolism. Holy cow. It wasn't even all that windy today, but that bike trailer is not air-stream efficient. The slightest breeze hits it and practically stops us. When the windshield is not on, it's better, but Milo had to have the windshield up so he didn't catch a chill, today. Of course, Milo promptly nodded off while I toiled my way around the block, and when we got home an hour later, he said "Are we here already?" My tongue was practically hanging out and my knees were jellified, but yes, we were here already. Milo was gracious enough to let me go inside and have a drink of water before we commenced to a hearty game of hide and seek with the dogs, in the backyard.

This is Milo's chariot of fire. Somewhere, we have a picture of him when he was just six months old, sitting in this thing. He was a speck then, and now he fills it up completely! Note the handy pockets on the sides for drinks and snacks, and the occasional toy.


This is my sweet ride, with Milo all buttoned up and ready to go. Can I get any more nerdy? Every time we're going out of the driveway on the bike, Milo says "And awaaaay we go!" I said it to him one time, and now it's a ritual.

Another note to the story: Flat tire on bike + kid in bike trailer = long tedious walk home. We had a blowout on Wednesday afternoon. Thank goodness I was only a mile or two away from the house. That was no farther than I normally walked with the dogs, but walking a bike with a flat, plus a snoozing kid in a trailer made it feel like 20 miles!

PS: Milo's helmet is not fastened and he wasn't strapped in to his seat because we weren't actually going anywhere. We had just gotten home this afternoon, and I wanted to take the pictures before I forgot. So don't think I let my kid go adventuring with me all willy nilly like!!

No comments: