Sunday, October 12, 2008

Halloween fun

Today Corey had to run out to Lowe's to get something or other for the garage. I asked him to drop me off at Michael's while he and Milo were at Lowe's, so I could browse through the 50% off Halloween stuff. I didn't find much of anything good, except for some crafty things to do with Milo. I showed them to Milo on the way home, and he didn't seem too enthusiastic. Later he surprised me and asked if we could build the spooky things. Milo and I spent most of the afternoon putting together a haunted house and a cemetery. I did all the detailed work, Milo did most of the gluing. Milo also managed to glue his shirt to himself, and get glue in his hair, but whatever....at least we had fun!

I have to say I'm amazed at what a person can make out of foam these days. These little kits turned out much better than I thought they would.

The spooky ooky haunted cemetery.


Larger view of spooky ooky cemetery. I thought the pom pom punkins in the kit were especially clever. Trying to pry them out of Milo's sweaty hands was difficult though. Even after they were glued to the cemetery scene, Milo still wanted to play with them.


The creeeeepy haunted house. It was Milo's idea to have the fluffy cobwebby stuff all over the place, like fog, instead of just poofing out of the chimney. I thought that was a nifty touch.


For some reason, Milo insisted that the candy corns were lights, so he stuck them on the roof of the house. Okey dokey...whatever works!

No comments: