Saturday, September 27, 2008

The torch has been passed

I was feeling nostalgic today, and since it was a raining, didn't have anything better to do this afternoon than veg out in front of the tv. Earlier today Milo picked out two Batman action figures at a treasure hunt. I asked him if he would like to watch the Batman show. He said "Oh yes!!" with much enthusiasm, so I dug around in our piles of vcr tapes and came up with one called Yvonne's Batman Tape. I remember asking my sister to tape episodes of Batman off TV Land for me years ago, but couldn't remember which ones were on it.

So we popped it in and watched half of it. All these years later and my heart still skips a beat when Adam West shows up on screen. I tried to explain to Milo that Batman is my first true love and that he's the greatest superhero ever. Milo was just like "Whatever Mommy, be quiet so I can watch this." He was fascinated by Robin, and the fact that Robin wears his underpants, but Batman wears underpants and pants. The Joker has green hair, and Milo found that to be quite amusing, but Milo didn't like that the Joker is mean sometimes. We watched a couple of King Tut episodes too, and they were kinda goofy (even I thought so, and I'm a diehard fan). All I could think about the whole time is that King Tut's beard looked pretty much like my grandfather's did. I remember thinking about that when I was little girl too, and it's stuck with me all this time. Milo has yet to see any Catwoman episodes, at which point I will be shushing him because I think Julie Newmar is just da bomb!!

The point of the whole story is that here it is 30 years later, since I first saw Batman, and I still love it. It seems that Milo has caught the batbug also!



hubba hubba!

Another superhero that we have in common is Spiderman. Milo watches the new adventures of Spidey on Saturday mornings. Man, that takes me right back to being six years old again also. The show he watches isn't quite the same as what I watched, but the basic idea is the same. Milo loves Spidey even more than I do; he has quite a collection of Spidey stuff. Milo thinks the fact that Spidey shoots webs is absolutely awesome, and spends lots of time pretending to do it himself.

Random Spidey cover

No comments: